If you read many blogs you have probably noticed many posts about new years resolutions, goals, etc. Of course, it is already January 4th and I have yet to publish my 2013 goals. But I do not always like to follow the crowd or be forced into a "mold".....so I'm doing mine a little different this year. I'm borrowing Musings of a Housewife's idea and doing a bucket list for 2013. So today I am sharing my Fitness & Health Bucket List for 2013. Next week I will share my general bucket list.
1. Learn to run ALONE. I started running about 3 years ago (I think) and have always run with a buddy. If I do not have someone to run with I just don't run. Yeah, I suck! I hate this and want to change it in 2013. B is working with me on a running plan to improve my running time and distance. Next week will be my first week on the plan and I will be running it alone. I hope I learn to like running by myself, so I do not always have to depend on having someone to run along side me! Although, I do love running with my buddies so I can chat and catch up.
2. Start AGAIN & Consistently Attend Spin Class, Yoga, and Strong Bodies. I did a great job this last summer attending these classes several times a week and LOVED going. Then I flew to KS a couple times towards the end of the summer and never got back into the classes when I came back home. I became busy with other commitments and working out took a back seat to everything else in my life. I do not want this to happen again and I will strive to remain active in classes all year! I have a fun incentive we are doing this year to keep us on track for our workouts that I will share with you next Friday.
3. Read Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and The Diet Dictocrats by Sally Fallon. I have owned this book for over a year and haven not read any of it yet. Shame on me!!! It has 688 pages, so if I read a couple pages a day I will have it read by the end of the year. I will read more then a couple of pages a day, so it wont take me all year to finish it-I hope!
4. Stay away from Gluten, Dairy, and Coffee. I am not perfect, so I know I cant avoid these foods everyday for the next year, but I am starting on the Arbonne Get Fit plan again which includes not eating these items and more. These are the foods I have found that do not like me and in order for me to get to my goal weight and be healthy I need to cut these out of my diet. I will discuss more of my eating plan on Monday, so check back for further details.
5. Run a 10K. This was on my list last year and I never accomplished running a 10K in 2012. So 2013 is my year to run a 10K. I hope to be up to a 10K within 6 months, which should not be a problem if I stick to the plan B has set up.
The thing about making a list of goals is to actually be consistent and work on that list throughout the year. So I will be posting my Fitness & Health Bucket List around the house and will include little baby steps on how to achieve each item on the list!
I am also starting a health & fitness journal that I will record my meals and workouts everyday. I'll also record my starting weight & measurements and continue to record these every 30 days. It will be a great record of what I achieve when I stay committed and intentional.
Here is a video I have been wanting to share that is VERY motivational. You might have seen it already, but it is worth another watch.
Do you set goals or have a bucket list? Do you keep a fitness or health journal? How do you achieve your goals and keep them in front of you so you are consistently working on them?
I would love to know what your fitness and health goals are for the year, so let me know in the comments!
Linking up with Jill Conyers Fitness Friday
Til' next time,