Today I decided to borrow an idea from a blogger I have followed for years and go old school! I guess this is something that bloggers used to do "back in the day" which is before my time of blogging. Basically, I just answer some questions (I borrowed from Musings Of A Housewife) and it will allow you to get to know me a little better!
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Wow, 10 years ago seems like so long ago. I love this question because I'm actually scrap-booking this week what I was doing 10 years ago. I was a newlywed of 3 months and already experiencing what military life was like as a spouse because B deployed overseas for the kick-off of the war in Iraq 1 month after we married. I wont re-tell "our story", instead go check it out here. Trust me, it is a great story and worth the read.
We got married just in time for him to leave, and only a few people knew we were married. So for the month we were married before he deployed we either stayed at his barracks sleeping on his twin size bed or in my tiny room with a futon which wasn't much bigger then his twin bed at the house I shared with 3 other roommates. But we were newlyweds and didn't mind it at all! Speaking of sleeping in his barracks, that is a total NO-NO and we have a funny story of how we almost got caught breaking the rules because of a fire drill. I'll have to tell you that story another time.
Saying goodbye before he deployed for war. Not a great picture because I had to scan it from a printed one and I look horrible with red eyes from crying!
I had to share this one to, hugging goodbye. There is no other feeling comparable to saying goodbye to your spouse before they deploy, worst feeling ever!
What are 5 things on your to-do list?
- Sign our tax papers and get everything sent in so we can get a refund!
- Clean out every closet, drawer, and room for preparation of our garage sale in April.
- Get resume updated so I can start looking and applying for jobs back in KS.
- Scrapbooking, Scrapbooking, Scrapbooking--trying to get the last 10 years done before we move back to KS. It is a little overwhelming.
- Quilting Class--not sure if I will have time for this before I move back to KS but I hope I do!
What are 5 snacks that you enjoy?
- Raw Cookie Dough Balls
- Vanilla Latte-yes I consider this a snack!
- Cutie oranges--addicted to these right now.
- Apples with almond butter
Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire:
- Have money invested well so I could retire early and not have to worry about money while enjoying retirement
- Donate money to people and/or organizations. I currently wish I could do this, as there are so many wonderful organizations out there that are truly helping people.
- Open my coffee shop/bakery ASAP. I hope to do this even though we are not millionaires!
- Vacation several times a year both in the states and abroad
Name some places you have lived:
- All over Kansas
- Fort Rucker, AL
Name some bad habits you have/had:
- I used to watch too much TV. I have stopped this and only watch about 30 minutes of TV a day!
- Slouching--need to start doing yoga again to help with this.
- Not putting clean laundry away.
Name some jobs you have had:
- Waitress at several restaurants
- Receptionist at several businesses
- Pampered Chef Consultant
- Account Manager for insurance agency
- Education Coordinator for same insurance agency
Did you learn something new about me? If so, what did you learn? Now I want to learn a few things about you, so go leave me a comment with something I might not know about you.
Til' next time!